Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Perfect Pair Inspiration: Laura & Matt!

This wedding was photographed by Altmix Photography!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

How did you two meet? We met when our dad's were on staff together at our church. Matt was in the 7th grade and I was in the 8th grade. We were really good friends because our families were around each other all the time!
How long have you been together? We actually started dating when we were 17 so we will have been together 7 years in January!
How did you get engaged? Matt took me to 5 different places that had significance in our relationship: first date, first kiss, first held hands, defining the relationship dinner, first dance:) Each place represented 5 different foundations for a godly marriage and at each place he had a letter and a gift. The final place and final gift was the back porch of his parent's house. He had candles and roses EVERYWHERE! He was also playing my favorite kind of music! He told me that he loved me with all his heart and wanted me to be his wife! Of course, I said YES!
What is your favorite thing about each other? My favorite thing about Matt is his sensitive heart and sense of humor (sorry, two things, but it's hard to pick!). Matt's favorite thing about Laura is her heart for God and love for other people.
How or when was it that you knew you were in love with each other? We went on a missions trip to San Francisco in high school. While we were there we got to kind of watch each other serve the Lord and serve other people. It was during a service project that we knew we were in love:)
What was the first thing you picked out or decided after you got engaged? Our wedding date!
The hardest part about planning your wedding? Choosing a theme was the hardest! There are so many beautiful and unique ways to have a wedding that it was hard to pick just one!
Your favorite thing about your wedding? We loved our location! It was so perfect for us!
Where and how did you pick out your wedding dress? Who was with you? I got my dress from Bride Beautiful in Atlanta, GA. My mom, sisters, and friend were with me. I told them I was going to try on 3 dresses without telling them which was my favorite and they had to tell me which one suited me best. They ALL fell in love with the one I like the best! Perfection!
Did you have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue items? What were they? Of course! My something old was an antique Romanian hanky that was given to me when I went on Mission trip there. I had my new monogram on the hanky in blue. My veil was borrowed from my best friend:)
Any traditions in your family you followed/used? We rode away in my Great Grandfather's 1920 Chevrolet-- the same one my older sister rode away in. It was very special!
Did you have a theme for your wedding? Not really a theme, more just classic elegance.
Colors used? Pink and Brown
How did you choose the rings? Matt picked mine out all by himself! He did a wonderful job, too! We went together to pick his out:)
In one word, your day was...? Perfect
Favorite moment in the whole day? Walking down the aisle... oh, and doing Soulja Boy with everyone at my wedding! Ha!
What was the "first dance" song? I Just Love You by Five For Fighting
Where was the honeymoon?! Elizabeth Point Lodge Bed and Breakfast in Amelia Island

No comments: