Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A new blog in town!

This is my first step in becoming a wedding planner. Funny huh?

I'm 16 years old and I know exactly what occupation I want to pursue in the future. I've known for years. I've Tivoed wedding shows, subscribed to different magazines, read a million wedding blogs, planned my non existing wedding at least 80 times, and have continually browsed through wedding gowns. Of course, none of these things mean I should be a wedding planner or have what it takes to be one. I haven't graduated high school for one, or even been accepted into a college yet. I haven't taken event planning classes, or business management and financial classes. I haven't read any books about owning a business. I haven't planned a real wedding. I still have yet to meet a wedding planner. But here's the thing; I know what I have to do and what it will take to be a wedding planner. I know the preparation I need to go through; the experience I need to get under my sleeve. I know I have what it takes.

This is a nice little home for my thoughts and ideas. I hope to help somebody on their special day or possibly give them a great idea to make their wedding unique.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey love I don't think it's too early to start. People are getting into their careers younger and younger. I work with advising freshman and sophomores at the college I work at, and here's my advice. I would go ahead and go to college and get at the very least your B.S. in business. If you'd like to take it a step further and get your M.B.A. that would be even better.

Before that though, you could take a course (like this one http://www.qcweddingplanning.com) and become a certified wedding planner. I don't know the laws but you may be able to do this now.

Find a wedding planner in your area and ask to help her/him. Perhaps, for awhile you could offer to do this for free as an apprentice.

At any rate you can do anything with a business degree and you'd have fun helping!